Custom Private Travel
Your dreams, your desires, your dates.
The world is waiting for you – but in this time of hectic schedules and thousands of pages of Internet information – it’s often daunting to plan a trip. On The Map Travel takes your travel dreams and turns them into reality. We can create a personal itinerary that takes you to all the places you know you want to see – and fantastic hidden jewels you might not have heard of. We take your personal point of view and translate that to extraordinary travel experiences.
We specialize in creating bespoke travel itineraries, recommending and booking restaurants, arranging private experiences and helping with the things that you don't have the time, inclination or expertise to do yourself. Our clients have access to a wealth of exclusive benefits including free upgrades, early check in/late checkout and complimentary breakfast at a wide range of top hotels worldwide.
Whether it’s a daylong private tour of Florence or a leisurely few weeks exploring the Moroccan countryside, we’ll plan your ideal trip. We know the perfect places to visit, the unusual sights to see, the extraordinary activities available. We take care of all the details of travel, leaving you to simply enjoy the trip.
For those who love adventure we include experiences that allow our clients to challenge themselves while discovering the world around them. Travelers become explorers as they experience destinations from new perspectives - on a river, from a mountaintop or along a hiking trail.
On The Map Travel has arranged custom private trips to:
British Virgin Islands
St. Kitts & Nevis
Turks & Caicos
US Virgin Islands
USA (all destinations)
Our partners on the ground in each of these countries provide extraordinary service and attention to detail – plus they are amazingly charming hosts who love to share their countries and cultures with you.
We utilize all types of accommodations according to your preferences – castles, charming country inns, villas, historical homes, city hideaways and the world’s finest luxury hotels.
Our personalized adventures and activities are nothing less than extraordinary. A few eye-opening experiences we’ve arranged include:
- Surfing lessons in Morocco
- Working with a winemaker to blend your own wine in Tuscany
- A visit to Coco Chanel’s Paris apartment - closed to the public
- A sunrise reading of the poetry of Pablo Neruda at Machu Picchu
- Touring the Churchill War Rooms with a retired British Army Major
- Visiting Peru’s “locals only” Peña music clubs
- A private gelato-making lesson in Florence’s most famous shop
- Golfing St. Andrew’s Old Course with a PGA professional
- Visiting with Morocco’s premier artisinal honey producer
- Witnessing the after hours Keys Ceremony as the Tower of London is locked up for the night
- Learning about rose farming at an Ecuadorian rose plantation
- Afternoon tea on a cliff top in Ireland
- Helping with a recycling program in the Galápagos Islands
- A “back door” entrance to the Vatican (skip the line!)
- A tasting of Hungarian wines while watching the sunset in Budapest
- A rooftop cocktail party overlooking Beijing’s Forbidden City
- Music lessons on ancient Inca instruments
- Scottish jig lessons (complete with kilts)
- A camel safari in India
Of course, there are hundreds of “must see” spots around the globe, and we include those, too. But whenever possible we add an “off the map” destination, an activity with a personal twist or a surprise special extra.
Our trips can include airfare, hotels, transfers, sightseeing, meals and special excursions, events & experiences. We include any local fees, entrances and taxes for your sightseeing excursions whenever possible.
Prices for our custom private travel experiences are based on the length of the trip; the number of travelers; what tours and activities are included; the accommodations selected; and the special events, meals and extra services that are included. There is a trip planning fee (see the “How We Work” section of this website). The difference in our trips is not found in the simple economics of the journey but in the richness and quality of our travelers’ experiences.