Planning fees vary, ranging from $250 to $1,000. This is dependent on the complexity of your travels.
Our minimum booking is 5 days including all hotels and activities.
The planning fee includes the following services:
We will discuss with you (via phone or email) your expectations/ requirements at length to determine what properties and services would best suit you. You will then receive:
- A proposed program for your entire trip, including a preliminary daily itinerary with specific daily activities – both included and optional – subject to your approval. We also provide suggestions for what to do in your free time.
- The program will either include suggested hotels, cruises and other services or we will provide a comprehensive list of hotels picked specifically for you – hotels we believe would be appealing and would meet your needs/tastes/ budget. Websites are included in this list.
- Once we have agreed on all the services for your program, we will give you a final price and, on approval, make all arrangements. You will be given the information regarding necessary deposits, final payments and cancellation policies.
- About 3-4 weeks prior to your departure, you will receive a complete set of pre-departure documents (about 15-20 pages) which include important and interesting information about your destinations, a complete day-by-day itinerary, contact numbers for local service providers, hotel confirmations. If we have booked a rental car or train tickets, you will receive a voucher. You will also receive reading and packing lists, restaurant and shopping lists and a few other fun things we throw in according to where you are staying. We are also happy make restaurant and spa reservations as well as any other special requests you may have.
- Each trip we do is completely custom and takes many hours of work and thought; the planning fee covers a small part of our time and effort. For this reason, we ask that, if you find something online that we have not discussed, please bring it to my attention and do not contact the hotel/service provider directly. Most hotel rates are the same if booked through us (and sometimes lower) – the same is true for services. If a client starts to make contact directly, things get very confused and can lead to double booking or cancellation of reservations. Should this happen, any charges incurred will be assessed to the client. In addition, if clients choose a property or service/tour that does not pay the standard industry commission (10%) client will be charged a booking fee to insure a total of 10% commission to On The Map Travel. We suggest you take out travel insurance to cover this possibility.
- We are happy to make changes to your itinerary. We provide one set of revisions at no additional cost. Additional changes to your itinerary will be charged at our standard hourly fee of $50. In the event we finalize your trip, should you cancel for any reason, we will bill you for an amount equal to lost commissions, but no less than $250. For this (and many other reasons) we strongly suggest the purchase of travel insurance.
- Please note that there is a 4% surcharge to bill your credit card (this is what the credit card companies charge us). You are welcome to pay by check if you prefer. Some companies require payment by wire transfer. In this case, the charge (usually between $25 and $45) is billed to the client.
We look forward to hearing back and helping you plan your trip!